A big concern for many people about transitioning to a vegan diet is the price of groceries and food. However, the idea that eating vegan has to be expensive is far from the truth. You can make this white rice and teriyaki tofu bowl for only $1.28 per serving!
@crowdedkitchen Episode 1 of Budget Friendly Vegan Meals: $1.28/ serving of tofu teriyaki (including rice & broccoli!) #veganrecipes #veganfood #budget #budgetfriendly #easyrecipe #foodtok #foodtiktok #plantbased #LIKEABOMBSHELL ♬ original sound – Crowded Kitchen
Take-out may be one of your favorite meals, but it can add up quickly without you noticing. Typically takeout is also not going to be the most nutritious meal you’ve ever eaten. To solve both of these problems, Crowded Kitchen on TikTok shared this healthy and homemade alternative that will satisfy those take-out cravings, without breaking the bank.
Being on a budget is pretty easy to do if you’re vegan. By using nutrient-dense staples like whole grains, legumes, and fresh produce, you can easily stick to a budget and ensure that all the ingredients you use are wholesome and healthy. Even better, it can be incredibly easy to cook plant-based meals at home rather than eating out. When it comes down to it, plant foods are almost always cheaper than animal foods, not to mention kinder to your body and the planet.
This budget-friendly vegan recipe means you don’t have to break the bank to have flavorful, healthy, seasonal meals that are 100% plant-based!
You can follow Crowded Kitchen on TikTok for more delicious plant-based recipes!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!