- Cost per serving: Starts at $6.99 per serving
- Shipping cost: $8.99 or $13.99 for 2 people and 2 meals per week
- Serving size: 2 or 4 people and 2 to 6 meals per week
Home Chef meals start at $6.99 per serving with over 20 meals to choose from each week. If you like to customize your meal delivery service options, Home Chef may be the best choice for you. Dietary preferences are limited to calorie- or carb-conscious, and you can choose to avoid certain foods in recipes, like pork, beef, shellfish, mushrooms, tree nuts, peanuts, and poultry. You can also add meals and edit serving sizes for each recipe when setting up your weekly meal delivery.
When you’re selecting your meals for the week, certain recipes will have a “view Customize It options” button underneath. Click and choose your preferred protein, which are carefully selected depending on which works best with each recipe. You can also bundle and save with breakfast or salad bundles, or choose extras like breakfast, dessert, bread, snacks, or protein packs.
You can search for meal recipes based on your cooking preference, such as oven-ready, microwaveable options, grill-ready, culinary collection, and 15-minute meal kits for those days you need a quick dinner. You can also purchase home Chef meals from Kroger-family grocery stores.
If you sign up for Home Chef now, you can save $90 over your first four deliveries.
- Customizable meal plan
- A la carte options for breakfast, snacks, desserts, etc.
- Can purchase kits at Kroger grocery stores
- $13.99 shipping fee for 2 meals twice per week
- Higher cost than other cheap meal delivery service options
- Add-ons can make this option expensive