This basil pesto stuffed mushroom recipe is a keeper. Serve this easy mushroom recipe as an appetizer, side dish, snack or vegetarian main dish.
Save the remaining pesto filling for sauces. You can also add light mayonnaise to it and use it as a sandwich spread. If you have a lot of fresh basil in your garden, make a large batch of pesto filling and freeze it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 20 cremini mushrooms, washed and stems removed
- 2 cups fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, panko and parsley. Mix and set aside.
- Put the mushroom caps upside down on a baking sheet.
- Prepare a food processor with the S-shaped blade. Place all remaining ingredients in the food processor and process until evenly mixed.
- Generously stuff each mushroom with the filling mixture. Sprinkle approximately 1 teaspoon of the breadcrumb mixture on top of each filled mushroom. Pat down so the topping sticks to the mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms in a preheated 350-degree F oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes until filling and topping are golden brown.
Tips: This recipe can be prepared a day in advance. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Use on sandwiches, flatbreads, meats and in pasta recipes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here’s how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.