A simple and vibrant one-pan chicken recipe that requires minimal cleanup! With healthy peppers, protein-packed chicken breast and Mexican seasonings, it’s a dinner the whole family will look forward to.
Unused portions of this
fajita chicken recipe can be used during the week on a sandwich, wrap or pizza. A delicious way to reach your weight-loss goals. You can add any fresh vegetable you’d like to the recipe, like corn on the cob or green beans.
Cuisine: Mexican / American
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper or green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
Here’s how to make it:
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the roasting pan that’s been lined with parchment paper.
Combine the oil and taco seasoning, spoon half over the vegetables and toss to coat. Place into a preheated 450-degree F oven and roast 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the chicken onto a plate and spoon over the remaining oil mixture, turn to coat both sides of the chicken. Remove the vegetables from the oven. Add the chicken and portabella mushrooms to the pan, nestling in amongst the vegetables and adding any spice mixture left on the plate.
Return to the oven and bake 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables tender. Squeeze over the lime. Scatter over the cilantro, green onions and jalapeno.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.