Fasting is a very easy way to lose weight these days. Intermittent fasting had grabbed a lot of headlines recently. Many celebs also lost weight through this fasting. Lakin kya apne kabhi dry fasting ke bare men suna hai? Yes, this is also a type of fasting for weight loss. Dry fasting can easily be done with intermittent fasting, alternate day fasting, eat-stop-eat or periodic fast. However, this should be avoided as it can lead to various side effects. Here’s what fasting is and its disadvantages.
Bharti Singh lost weight with intermittent fasting, know what is wrong in pregnancy?
Many ways of dry fasting
Generally, dry fasting is of two types – soft dry fast and hard dry fast.
Soft Dry Fast- In a soft dry fast, dieters are allowed to use water to brush their teeth, shower and wash their faces.
Hard Dry Fast- In such a fast, dieters are not allowed to come in contact with water at all.
How does fasting work?
According to reports, it is said that during dry fasting, when the body does not get water, it starts burning fat to generate energy. A lack of water in the body stresses it and it starts using every available source of energy to keep the internal system running. It is also said that dry fasting helps strengthen immunity by removing damaged cells, allowing the body to generate new cells. In addition, frequent fasting can reduce inflammation and promote healthy skin.
Difference between intermittent fasting and dry fasting
You can include zero calorie liquid drinks in your diet during intermittent fasting. Such as water, diluted apple cider vinegar, unsweetened coffee and milk. All these things can be consumed during fasting. On the other hand, in dry fasting, you have to stay away from food and drink during fasting. This is why fast is considered quite dangerous. But some experts associate this type of fast with many health benefits.
Weight Loss: Gourd water is the best for rapid weight loss, here is how to make it
Side effects of dry fasting
Long-term fasting can also cause side effects. If you fast for a long time, it can happen
– You start feeling tired. Apart from this, fatigue, dizziness and weakness may also be felt.
– Avoiding both food and water can make you feel even more hungry and you may eat more than usual.
– During fasting, you may feel irritable and may experience mood swings. In this case, the concentration level may also decrease.
– Limiting nutrients, especially carbohydrates, can also cause headaches.
– In extreme cases and fasting for a long time can cause problems like seizures, swelling of the brain, heat injury and kidney failure.
During intermittent fasting, there are some mistakes that you are not doing
What is the right way to do it?
1) Do not dry fast with too much toxins in the body. Because it can increase the chances of feeling tired. The best way to prepare yourself for this fast is to hydrate yourself well.
2) Do not try fasting for more than 12 hours first. The body needs training and preparation for a 24 to 36 hour fast.
3) If at any time you feel dizzy, nauseous, tired then you should break the fast. In this case, a light salad or probiotic smoothie can be eaten.
4) The best results of dry fasting can be obtained by practicing it regularly.
Kin people should avoid it?
Dry fasting should be strictly avoided by those suffering from any kind of pre-existing disease. Even pregnant and lactating women are advised not to fast like this.
Make these small changes in your diet for a week for weight loss, and you will get perfect results
Note – Before making any diet changes, consult your doctor for more information.